Spousal Sponsorship

If a foreign national is married to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in or out of Canada, they can be sponsored by their spouse to apply for permanent residency. Despite the simplicity of the concept, there are a lot of legal details that go into this pathway. Complying to these legalities helps the immigration officer to be reassured about the legitimacy of the marriage.

In special occasions, it is possible to sponsor a partner without official marriage.

For those that get sponsored from outside of Canada, they have a right of appeal if their case is denied. However, for inland sponsorship, in case their application is refused, there is no right of appeal but can file for judicial review in the Federal Court of Canada.

For more information and details, please do not hesitate to contact our team.

Parental Sponsorship

If you have worked in Canada for the three consecutive years and have earned eligible income according to the LICO table ), you may be able to sponsor your parents or grandparents.